A Dark Cloud Comes

Go down

A Dark Cloud Comes

Post by Calie on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:37 pm

This was written some years ago while I was doing research on alternative lifestyles. I got to know a number of people through online groups and chats while doing so. One person I met was having a difficult time, both his parents were dying from cancer. When his father died, I wrote them sonnet, in part for him, yet also for myself as I had lost a daughter. Now when I hear of someone passing, I will post this sonnet in response in the hope it will help though dealing with loss. I have gotten good feedback from those who have read it and they said it helped them.

A Dark Cloud Comes

The woman glows, the child within stirs, not long now to come forth. Plans are made to care for the tiny life, what school to choose, what lessons will be taught, protective instinct to keep the little one safe from all. The father beams with pride, impatient to hold what he helped create, not at all put off by the extra work that must be done to ensure security for his family.

A dark cloud comes, the life taken before its first breath, its first cry, its first touch of your love. Why, you ask, did this happen. We torture ourselves with questions, guilt, remorse, anger, a sadness so deep we think never to recover. Some look to blame themselves, others look to blame someone else. Stop

A young girl, full of life, spends her time precariously. So much to do, so much to see, so much to experience. Her whole life ahead of her, many things await her. The accomplishments in school, successes in college, a career full of adventure and struggle and joy. True love, with its first kiss, that first budding passion, the commitment shared, the joy of bringing life to the world.

A dark cloud comes, the life taken so soon into the journey, no future to take hold of, no experiences to be had, Why, you ask, did this happen. We torture ourselves with questions, guilt, remorse, anger, a sadness so deep we think never to recover. Some look to blame themselves, others look to blame someone else. Stop

A woman married for several years, two children who look to her for guidance, a husband who loves the ground upon which she walks, Her career takes up a lot of her time, but she still manages to share with her family, keep in touch with friends, holiday gatherings with relatives. Happy, content, with the odd rough ride, she is living her journey, her life, her future ahead fully stepped into.

A dark cloud comes, the life taken before she has finished the journey, no more future to step into. Why, you ask, did this happen. We torture ourselves with questions, guilt, remorse, anger, a sadness so deep we think never to recover. Some look to blame themselves, others look to blame someone else. Stop

A mature woman, children all grown, grandchildren bringing a new light to her eyes, husband passed away some time ago, but still she carries the light of life within her eyes, still she finds happiness and joy all around her. She has stepped far into her future, there's not much more of it left. A satisfied smile graces her lips of all she has accomplished and experienced, wouldn't trade it for nothing.

A dark cloud comes, the life taken near the end of her journey, no more future left to seek and enjoy. Why, you ask, did this happen. We torture ourselves with questions, guilt, remorse, anger, a sadness so deep we think never to recover. Some look to blame themselves, others look to blame someone else. Stop

Stop asking questions, for there are no answers. Each question we ask is one more link in the chain that prevents healing. Stop feeling the guilt, you have done nothing wrong, there is nothing you could have done to prevent what was meant to be. Stop the remorse, you can still say what you meant to, just look to the sky and speak. You can still do what you meant to, just do it with someone else in their honor. Stop the anger, there is no one to be angry at, not yourself, not another. Stop the sadness, instead, remember the joy of their life, not the pain of their death.
Calie
Admin

http://caliescorner.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down